Saturday, April 9, 2011

6 Years!

IMG_2637

{yes, this is a picture of a picture.  Our wedding photographer didn’t use a digital camera…but this is probably my favorite picture of us from our wedding…ah, youth :) }

I have been blessed to call Philip my husband for six years now.  It’s kind of crazy to think it’s been that long since he and I made vows to each other promising to do the (often hard) work of loving each other for the rest of our lives.  On April 9, 2005 we were married at my parent’s church in Lynchburg, Va.  We then set off for the Boars Head Inn in Charlottesville followed by a ten day blissful honeymoon on the island of St. Kitts.  We returned to our new life in Philadelphia and now six years later, here we are!

I think it’s a bit of a toss-up as to whether my children or my husband have been the greater tools used by God to change me, sharpen me, and hopefully make me look more like Christ.  One thing is for sure though, I am deeply grateful for this man who loves me so well and who has already seen me through so much.  The first six years have been a ride I wouldn’t have wanted to share with anyone else, and I can’t wait to see what the next six will bring! 

I love you, babe!

IMG_2546

{self-portrait taken earlier this week when we had the opportunity to go out and celebrate at Richmond favorite, Edo Squid, while Grammy stayed with our kids (bless her soul!)  It was kind of a sin that I’d never been , and I have to say it was probably the best meal I’ve had in a long time!}

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We have a lot in common! My 6 year anniversary is next month and we both had a boy first then a girl and have husbands in dental school. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I didn't realize yours was so close to ours. We just celebrated 5 years at the end of March.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.