Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Marriage

Our engagement photo for the newspaper!

Has it really been four years?! On April 9th, Philip and I celebrated our four-year wedding anniversary! In some ways, the time seems to have flown, but at the same time, it feels like we have done so much in those four years. We have lived in many places, changed careers, returned to school, and added a babe to the family. Phew. It blows my mind to think of how different things will likely be once another four have passed.

I love being married to this man. And I think he loves being married to me :) He is a wonderful husband who cares for me so well. He has seen all of my ugliness and brokenness and he loves me still. I love how this points me to the faithful love of God who loves me even more and better than my husband ever could. And while Philip and I have grown more and more towards one another in our four years together, we've also seen some tough times and have been reminded of how desperately we need a Savior who can save us from ourselves and our sin and teach us how to really love. We are definitely still learning, let me repeat, definitely still learning, but it's that hard refining process that's remarkably beautiful. (*Could someone please copy and paste this text and send it to me when I'm complaining about some aspect of my marriage/husband? :)

For our anniversary, my sweet mother came to Richmond to stay with Wade while we went here. We loved that the restaurant was so close we could walk from our house! It was so fun to be together on a date-night, drink sangria, and talk about life.

Wedding rings and sangria, a lovely combination!

While mama and daddy were out, Mimi took some great photos of the Wadster. Here's one. Looks like he's about ready to let out a "Goo" :)


Love this!

Oh, and something else I've learned. The way to all men's hearts is not necessarily a good meal. For mine, it is through clean floors. I recently cleaned the kitchen floor, and Philip proclaimed me to be the best wife ever. He could have been saying this because it had been too long since they'd been cleaned, and he was just overjoyed by their rare form, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.