Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

This will be quick because I am extremely tired and it is very late. It has been a long day. A long day that has involved oh, I don’t know, maybe 10 poopy diapers between my two children. And let it be known that Wade’s third, yes third, poopy diaper of the day wins the title for the WORST DIAPER I HAVE EVER CHANGED IN MY LIFE. Not even kidding. I sat down to change him, discovered what lay before me and told Wade to sit tight while I went and put gloves on. Please do not forget that we use cloth diapers so this mama had to clean this horrible thing. Yes, I know it’s my choice to use cloth diapers, but please allow me to complain about it just this once, ok? Most of the time I love my cloth diapers, but as the worst diaper I have ever changed in my life sat before me, I honestly considered just tossing the whole thing. And my poor little daughter has been terribly constipated, so she poops out these hard little balls all. day. long. (TMI? probably.) My hands have quite literally been in poop all day long.

But enough about such things! I really wanted to get on here and wish my sweet mother a happy birthday! She is so very special to me, and I’m so thankful for her. I am so sorry Mom that you have to share your birthday with a terrible blog post about poop!

If I had to pick three words to describe my mom (at 11 pm at night!) they would be patient, selfless, and positive. Being a mother to four children, each of whom have their own eccentricities and needs, and one of whom who is particularly needy and more importantly stubborn (ahem, Graham Blanks I’m talking to you, buddy) has no doubt fostered an incredible gift of patience in my mom. I continue to be amazed by the things she is able to endure, the demands requests that are constantly made of her, and how she is able to take life in stride. I am the emotional one. I am the dramatic one. But my mother is a patient, steady rock. Taylor, Andre, Graham and I probably also deserve the blame credit for teaching my mom about selflessness :) Her mind, her time, her energy--they are always being exerted on behalf of another. And you know, the woman is also just plain positive. She almost always sees the good in the person or situation before her. Sometimes this can get on my nerves because I just want to vent about something, but mom is always ready to look on the bright side. I could learn a thing or two from her, that’s for sure.

IMG_3485 IMG_3483 IMG_3484

IMG_3457

IMG_1902

{Ain’t she pretty?}

Happy Birthday, Mom. Thanks for loving us all so well. I love you so much. Your grandbabies love you too. They love coming to stay with you and hope to do it more and more frequently (wink, wink)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.