Sunday, November 7, 2010

I am about to have a baby

Alright you guys, I have so many things I’d like to document/share on the old blog.  Our “blogging computer” has been down for a while, so I’m way behind on posting updates.  And there are so many updates!  So.  I am going to do my very best to share some of the fun things we’ve been up to lately over the next couple days, but no promises as to how much I’ll actually get to because let’s recall, I’M ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY.   

Speaking of which, let’s talk about that for a minute.  I keep saying this, but it’s true:  I think I’m kind of in shock that I’M ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY.  I feel like I should have another two months or so to go, but in fact, baby sister is due in approximately 9 days!  9 days!!

Here’s an older picture at 35 weeks:

IMG_0587

And here we are at a few days past 38 weeks (and yes, I was quite tired when this picture was taken!):

IMG_0829

Anyone reading this who’s been pregnant knows that once you’re full term (ie. 37 weeks) you start to prepare for the fact that you could deliver any day…but you could also have until about 42 weeks—that’s five weeks of leeway!  It’s just such a unique dynamic to find oneself in, and most of the time, I like the suspense and the not knowing…it’s like waiting for this great gift to arrive, you just don’t know when it’ll come.  But it’s also just crazy to go to bed each night and wonder if you’ll end up getting to those random things on your to-do list (in my case, for tomorrow, that would include:  upholstering the headboard for the twin bed in Wade’s big boy room, preparing the bassinet for baby sister, taking some clothes to consign, etc.) or if you’ll, oh I don’t know, be in labor! 

For the past several weeks, I have felt like these very significant categories of preparation have been battling for space in my mind and heart.  I suppose the primary one is preparing for the fact that another human being is about to join our family and I will be a mother to not one, but two babies.  This leads me to the next category:  giving birth.  It’s true that I had a very positive birth experience with Wade, but I’d be lying if I didn’t acknowledge that it was by far the absolute hardest thing I have ever done.  Knowing that you are about to embark on a journey of experiencing something very similar is a bit intimidating this time around, in a way that’s different from the first time.  I’m also thinking a lot about how these are my last remaining days/weeks with Wade as my only child.  I want to savor our time together and really soak it up.  I’m trying to do this.  Wade grows more precious to me each day, and I am so thankful for the fun times we’ve shared recently with just the two of us.  The last category is just the practical preparation.  Making sure this is done, that is done.  Wade is now a few days in as a resident of his new, big boy room, and I’m so happy with how everything is coming together.  I really wish I had some pictures to share; I will have to take some soon.  The newborn diapers are ready and I’ve been working to “girl-ify” the nursery.  There’s still much I could do, but I do know the second time around that you really don’t need much for a newborn.  My hope and prayer is truly that I would enjoy this little one and that I would experience freedom from trying to control her and “train” her.  Wade has taught me so much about how to love and be a mother and my desire is to soak this baby up.   Please Lord, let it be so!

In looking through our recent pictures, I realized we have so many adorable ones of Wade, so here are a selection of some of my favorites, in honor of the little man who first made me a mama.

IMG_0517

{Enjoying some special allergy-free chocolate frosting!}

IMG_0523 IMG_0524
IMG_0525 IMG_0526

{Blended, white-chicken chili! It such a joy to find and prepare something that he can and will eat!!}

IMG_0532

I love his hugs!  It is the sweetest thing how he will just come up to me and give me these bear hugs… melts my heart!  (let’s ignore that I have food in my teeth in this one, ha!)

IMG_0534 IMG_0535
IMG_0536 IMG_0539

IMG_0645

{Vegan Pumpkin muffins!  Delish!!  Seriously, give them a try, vegan or not!  Recipe adapted to muffins from here}

IMG_0651

IMG_0652

Wade absolutely loves his Richard Scary books that his daddy ordered him.  Full of trucks and cars and trains!  We read them constantly!

IMG_0653

IMG_0655

And lastly, before I fall asleep at the computer!, here are some I took recently while Wade was dancing a little jig :)  There are a bunch, but they’re all just so darn cute, I have to post them all. 

IMG_0815

IMG_0816

IMG_0817

IMG_0818

IMG_0819

IMG_0820

IMG_0821

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, I miss that little guy. These are sooo cute!! Can't wait to see all of you again soon.......and little sister, too.......come on.....
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.