Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Did I mention we went to the beach?

In the chaos of all the exciting new things happening around here (Wade walking, new sister on the way), I failed to post about our most recent trip to Hilton Head.  We went back in May, again with Philip’s family, who was very generous to provide us with such a great week at the beach.  

Here are some of the highlights:

The inaugural swim…how will we all keep up with the ever-expanding crew of cousins?!

IMG_4456 

Wade loved the water!  Also, take note of the ball (or “ga” as Wade calls it):  there is almost always at least one near my little man.

IMG_4457

Fun in the sand!  {side note:  I am kind of neurotic when it comes to sun protection, so I was particularly thankful for this super-protective hat passed down to Wade from Ben!}

IMG_4467 IMG_4468
IMG_4472 IMG_4476

I know this picture is blurry, but it cracks me up.   I just think Wade looks like such a little man here, and he really reminds me of Philip!  (if only you could see Philip’s baby pictures; they are twins!)

IMG_4480

I told you he loves balls!

IMG_4482 IMG_4483
IMG_4486 IMG_4488

He also really loves his daddy.

IMG_4493

More fun in the sand (don’t mind the runny nose!)

IMG_4496

One morning, we rode our bikes to a local petting zoo.  Wade met the animals and pretended to ride on a pretend horse (that sounds rather pathetic when I type it out…but paying $10 for a short ride around a rink on an actual horse is overrated, right?)

IMG_4505 IMG_4508

He also travelled in style:

IMG_4513

Later that day, he had quite a treat!

IMG_4524

Of course there was more beach time…

Cousin Ben is a funny guy.  It makes me laugh that his dad says he smiles for pictures like Chandler from Friends.

IMG_4530

I love this one.

IMG_4534

Wade was really interested in the ocean.   I love that he likes the water. 

IMG_4539

Sweet sisters.

IMG_4560

Making a break for it!  {And in case anyone was wondering, the famous fire truck did come with us to the beach and Wade did try to drive it into the ocean. I so wish we had a picture of that.}

IMG_4561

We attempted a photo shoot with Grammy and PopPop and the grandkids.  As you might imagine, this proved challenging.

IMG_4569

IMG_4568

I think this one really summarizes things well :)

IMG_4576

Dinner out with Suzanne and Dave, sans kiddos, was a nice treat.

IMG_4581

Before we knew it, it was time to head home.

Wade gave kisses to his cousins:

IMG_4589

And got a little crazy on the way home!  (thanks to his daddy for the wacky hair-do!)

IMG_4591

Thanks, Grammy and PopPop for the fun vacation!  We are grateful for the fun we had and the memories made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.