Thursday, January 7, 2010

Look What I* Made!



*A more accurate title might be: "look what Mom made, and I helped!!" but I am just so excited because I understood pretty much everything we were doing on the sewing machine (I've been trying to learn...), and I basically completed the second half of the second pillow (so...a 1/4 of the whole project!) all by myself! What's equally exciting are the sewing classes I'm taking in a couple weeks at the Richmond Visual Arts Center!!
Oh, and I'm not sure if you can see it too well in the second photo, but there's a little glimpse of our new rug! It's Herringbone Seagrass, and we LOVE it! {Several friends have inquired about our rug choice, as it was the source of much deliberation (and a great birthday gift!!!). Thanks Erika!} Its light textural look was just what the living room needed. And not only was it super cheap, but it holds up great and doesn't show dirt (read: you can go a long time without vacuuming and people won't know!!) I'm also quickly becoming convinced seagrass is the way to go with little ones. Case in point: This past Sunday, Wade vomitted (yes, so sad for the little guy...and that dreaded bug made its way through everyone in our little family) all over it, and you would never know it now! In case anyone's interested, we got the rug here. They aren't paying me anything to tell you all this, but natural area rugs is the way to go if you're looking to get a seagrass rug (or a sisal or a jute rug for that matter). Free shipping BOTH ways and they frequently offer significant sales.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, HOW FUN! I want to take sewing classes! We need to talk about this! Tell me more . . .

    Would love to see the rug up close and the pillows are super cute! Way to go!

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. when can we start placing special orders???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.