Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Would you pray for Wade?

Hi friends,

Tomorrow morning, our little guy is having an endoscopy done to try and figure out what is going on with all of his sleeping and eating issues. No, I haven't really blogged about them, but Wade's had a pretty rough time with respect to these two things. He is barely hanging in the third percentile for weight and has been pretty resistant all along to eating solid foods. He also cries A LOT whenever he is put down to sleep (and yes, we've tried letting him "cry it out"...since he was about a month old, actually.) He's on medication for acid reflux, though we're not completely certain that's what's causing him his discomfort, and he's already had an Upper GI test done (the results were normal). Needless to say, we would really like some answers so that we can hopefully help our little boy feel better. If you pray, would you please lift our little boy up and ask the Lord to take care of him while the procedure is being done (he'll be under anesthesia, which is also a scary thing for me to think about) and to give his doctors great skill and wisdom? It would mean so much to our family.


I'll try to keep you all posted. Thanks for reading our little blog and for caring about us.

8 comments:

  1. Can do! Will be thinking of you three especially tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never commented on your blog before, but love it! I will be praying for all of you and for comfort and safety and for the doctors to have wisdom about to help your little man heal.
    My little boy had his tonsils out about 1 year ago and it was very scary thinking about them being under. But he will be just fine, God will protect him.


    mamaseasonings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for Wade and for you guys... {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wader Tader,

    I'm praying for you and your parents. God is in control. I pray that they find the root to this problem and that the wait for the results is not too terribly difficult. You are so cute and I hope to see you again soon!

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are in our prayers! Yes, please do keep us updated so we can continue to pray specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just logged on and saw your request. I will pray for Wade and for the two of you today. Much love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Worthington family-we have followed your blog and certainly will pray for Wade. I wanted to let you know as well that we have had a similar situation with a family in our church. Their son had those symptoms and others including hives etc. They still aren't sure about it all, but they have had great results with taking out some of the major food allergens-gluten, dairy, corn etc. from his diet. Just a thought! Sorry this is so long-Shawn (Worthington)Griffith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.