Monday, September 28, 2009

Communion Song and Morning Sleep

Yesterday at church we sang a new favorite of mine during Communion. It's called "Help My Unbelief" (c. Red Mountain Music. Words: John Newton. Music: Clint Wells.) I really love it and I think it's because it says what my heart so often feels. Rather than try and explain the song, I thought I would post the lyrics.

I know the Lord is nigh,
And would but cannot pray,
For Satan meets me when I try,
And frights my soul away.
And frights my soul away.

I would but can't repent,
Though I endeavor oft;
This stony heart can ne'er relent
Till Jesus makes it soft.
Till Jesus makes it soft.

Help my unbelief. Help my unbelief.
Help my unbelief.
My help must come from Thee.

I would but cannot love,
Though wooed by love divine;
No arguments have power to move
A soul as base as mine.
A soul so base as mine.

I would but cannot rest,
In God's most holy will;
I know what He appoints is best,
And murmur at it still.
I murmur at it still.
Here's a great rendition for your listening pleasure.
Switching gears, Philip captured this sweet moment this morning:
Wade doesn't sleep in our bed, but when he wakes up in the morning, Philip regularly brings him into our bed for his morning nursing session. He hasn't done this in quite a while, but this morning Wade fell back asleep (so of course I did too!) for a couple more hours. It was really sweet to wake up and see him so peaceful and resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my little blog! I love to hear from you.